Jump to content
Corsa-C.ro
taedla01

Tutorial: Repair OP-COM

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, liviu2004 said:

Being online is not relevant. But flashing firmware in a so called fake chip, makes that opcom garbage. 

That’s why I say, simple No. 

You can also read just above, another user did exactly the same thing and same problem.

 

But I did not flash the firmware. I did do nothing to the software or hardware.

I just connected normally via vaux-com finished the job. When I came next time to use opcom it was not working!

Will vaux-com destroy all clones from china regardless internet connectivity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 11:28 PM, Rinor said:

I tried re installing the drivers but no success, I also try to use "flashing" and repairing methods but with no success! My PC won't recognize the device (opcom)!

I read again your message, you said flashing and repair methods. To me, that’t flashing firmware. Maybe I am wrong.

Another option, is you use original vauxcom software, it will detect clone opcom and disable it. 

Another option, ftdi chip maker, some years ago, started disabling fake ftdi chips, using a new driver.

what I dont understand, if that opcom is bad, why bother? Its 12€ another one. Get 2,3 and have some spares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, liviu2004 said:

I read again your message, you said flashing and repair methods. To me, that’t flashing firmware. Maybe I am wrong.

Another option, is you use original vauxcom software, it will detect clone opcom and disable it. 

Another option, ftdi chip maker, some years ago, started disabling fake ftdi chips, using a new driver.

what I dont understand, if that opcom is bad, why bother? Its 12€ another one. Get 2,3 and have some spares.

Oh sorry to misunderstand, I'll put the facts straight again...

1. I bought a 12€ opcom from china. It works well for about 10 times and after that Windows could not detect the device at all. It just broke down out of nothing I did nothing to it I just connected to car normally like always!
2. I tried to install the drivers many times and I tried repairing methods e.g. flashing and programing but since device was not being recognized I could do nothing (No interface detected problem always).

Then after reading more, I started to think what could have gone wrong? Did software bricked my opcom? Does it do this all the time or just when online (connected to wifi)?
Can I buy another opcom and always use it offline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, the left is fake, the right, maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Above. On the left, I see C22, D5 next to the processor, which are a sign for fake MCU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi,

It's me again! Now I got another op-com clone from china (aliexpress).

I installed the software VAUX-COM_120309a+131223d provided in a CD shipped with opcom!

Then I went to test it on the car but when I try to connect to the car, vaux-com would say: " you need to activate VAUX-COM before you can use it on a car for the first time."

Can you help me with this issue please?

Because I don't know if this is adequate software or if it will brick my device!

Edited by Rinor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

UPDATE**

To use it I downloaded VAUX-COM 120309a+131223d+Ocflash_FW1.59!

But opcom won't communicate with car's ECU (Vectra C). Even thought if I test the interface it will recognize  it as FW v1.59!

Attached please find pictures of:
*Message when I try to read fault codes from car (while engine is running)
*Device info from OPComFUT
*Board and chip pictures

Untitled-1 [1600x1200].jpg

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Edited by Rinor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With what firmware version has the opcom been delivered? Unfortunate, your PIC is fake. Not that means this is the sole reason, but changing the firmware, means opcom to garbage bin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, liviu2004 said:

With what firmware version has the opcom been delivered? Unfortunate, your PIC is fake. Not that means this is the sole reason, but changing the firmware, means opcom to garbage bin. 

It came with FW 1.59. I tried to flash with ocflash but no success it does nothing! It is still v1.59.

Vaux com will test the interface and recognize it as V 1.59 but when I try to read cores form ECU it won't communicate with ECU!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be said again, that using ocflash and a-like with fake PIC, makes them unusable. There is no guarantee that your 1.59 is the same tool had as 1.59. Your mistake was to use software which needed activation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, liviu2004 said:

It must be said again, that using ocflash and a-like with fake PIC, makes them unusable. There is no guarantee that your 1.59 is the same tool had as 1.59. Your mistake was to use software which needed activation.

Yes that could be the mistake!

But unfortunately that was the software provided in a CD by the seller :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, looking to various websites, I find it very difficult to get an genuine PIC opcom. I wouldn’t be surprised if microchip stopped their deliveries in china, otherwise how can be explained? 

Or maybe just the can transceiver is rubbish, I believe was another chip on the pcb for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, liviu2004 said:

Indeed, looking to various websites, I find it very difficult to get an genuine PIC opcom. I wouldn’t be surprised if microchip stopped their deliveries in china, otherwise how can be explained?  

Or maybe just the can transceiver is rubbish, I believe was another chip on the pcb for that.

That's really not nice. Because it has become very very confusing this opcom thing :S :S

But I guess that's the price we pay when we go cheap :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Buna dimineata . Am cumparat un Opcom V1.99  chinezesc  si iam dat un flash pe 1.39   . Am incercat sa dau diagnoza  . Am dat anul masini ,tipul masini si  la instrumente ca sa incerc  codarea  si am ramas blocat ca  versiunea 1.39  nu e bun trebuie sa pun 1.45. lam pus pe 1.45 . Dupa citeva ore de citit in forume am vazut ca 1.39 nu merge numai cu opcom 2010 si eu am incercat cu 2014.  Am incercat sa pun 1.39 inapoi dar numai merge . Dupa citeva rinduri de citit am vazut ca  cu flash am stricat  interfata. Ma poate ajuta cineve cum pot sal  repar ? 

Edited by Anonymusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Programul pentru procesorul fake se gaseste numai in china. Si in procesoarele inca ok, este protejat la citire, deci nimeni nu il are in europa.

Opcomul tau e bun de gunoi.

Edited by liviu2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello guys, I bought an op-com V1.45 on eBay and after reading you, my opcom is a nice real fake. op-com sold by sklad66.com can read the security code or not ? if not is it possible to be flashed by ocflash to get the v1.39?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question 1: if opcom sold by ".com" can read security code or not?

Answer 1: there are thousands of shops out there, do you think we buy and try them all?

Answer 1.1: if you have it already, why not try it yourself?

Question 2 and answer 2: yes, you can flash it with 1.39 but if it is fake processor, bye bye opcom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can some one help me. Buy china opcom from ebay and try to connect to my insignia a18xer 2011. but device not read ecu. only where read is instrumental cluster and I can program option only there. when try to connect to ecu give me error no ecm communication. i flash few different firmwares. interface test passed and show me fw number where I flash and serial number match but still no success to read my insignia ecu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I understand indirectly that you have insignia 2011 A18XER in the opcom list. You never confirmed that. You also do not say anything about what software version you are using.

Therefore, my conclusion, without wasting my time here, bad clone.

Edited by liviu2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, liviu2004 said:

I understand indirectly that you have insignia 2011 A18XER in the opcom list. You never confirmed that. You also do not say anything about what software version you are using.

Therefore, my conclusion, without wasting my time here, bad clone.

Okay, first I say sorry for non complete information where I provide. Original fw on device been showed 1.95 (but you know that is fake - anyway) software where been delivered is showedVaux-com 120309a, probably with filled data base up to 2014 year cars. When I connect car with that device and try to put automatic vehicle identification and after that press gmlan can, just show me if car is on ignition on, engine off - no communication with ecm. If engine is on pop up error where device is not powered from car. If I go to read body-instrumental cluster opcom is connected and I have option to program, but only that I have. can't read any of fault codes (if I have any). I try to flash few different fw, and everytime that device pass interface test and show current fw version. Sorry for my bad english and if I waste your time. Upload some photos on my device.

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

67177900_2416676948578100_7282308343916396544_n.jpg

67277228_418490395437724_7284878950562529280_n.jpg

67625193_630327060802645_531978944249856_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Probably fake pic and now fried due to firmware change.

The best route you can go now: get yourself a v5 opcom board, on that one you have the best chance to get a genuine pic processor.

Once you got it, head to mhhauto.com and someone can provide you with latest opcom software (not firmware, I really mean it, software and I really mean it, latest).

Edited by liviu2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liviu2004 said:

Probably fake pic and now fried due to firmware change.

The best route you can go now: get yourself a v5 opcom board, on that one you have the best chance to get a genuine pic processor.

Once you got it, head to mhhauto.com and someone can provide you with latest opcom software (not firmware, I really mean it, software and I really mean it, latest).

thanks for your advice :) after all flashing device still working :) find someone to help me and we determinate where pin 6 and 14 (HSCAN) is not connected to relays and fuses and that is reason where I can't read my car ecu.

Kind Regards

 

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...